Low and Slow Baked Salmon
7 years ago
2 - 4 salmon fillets
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 275 degrees. Line a glass or metal baking pan with aluminum foil. Brush with olive oil.
2. Rinse the salmon fillets and pat them dry with paper towels.
3. Place the salmon fillets in the pan. Make sure they are skin side down.
4. Brush the fillets with olive oil. Squeeze lemon juice over the fillets.
5. Sprinkle the fillets with salt and fresh thyme.
6. Bake the fillets for about 15 minutes. The fish is ready when the translucent flesh at its center has turned opaque.
7. Serve the fillets with lemon wedges
** Be careful not to overcook the fish. Salmon gets tough and dry when it is overcooked.**
**Test for doneness by gently separating a few layers of the salmon flesh with a fork. It should fall apart easily when it's fully cooked.**