BCIS stuffed pepper halves
7 years ago
5 Mild Italian sausages (out of case)
5 bell peppers (orange preferred)
1 cup rice uncooked (= 2 cooked)
1/2 cup homemade cheese sauce
1/4 cup broccoli (fine chopped)
1 pinch of sea salt for each pepper
1. Cut peppers in half and add a pinch of sea salt to help draw out moisture while baking.
2. Remove casing from sausages and cook until browned.
3. Make a béchamel cheese sauce and set aside to combine with rice and broccoli.
4. Once everything is cooked and cheese and broccoli rice is made, add browned sausage and mix.
5. Stuff pepper halves and bake at 325•F for 20 minutes on a tin foil lined baking sheet. (Make a tent with the tin foil to keep the steam inside for proper cooking)