Classic Caesar dressing
2 egg yolks
1 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp Dijon mustard (grainy preferred)
1/2 tbsp garlic powder
1 small pinch of salt
1. Separate 2 egg yolks
2. Place in mixing bowl and break
3. Add dry seasonings and Dijon mustard.
4. Whisk until blended and notice a slight colour change caused by emulsification.
5. Add a couple small drops of oil and whisk quickly to begin thickening process.
6. Slowly add oil while whisking quickly until desired consistency is reached (ask someone else to pour oil so you have both hands to use, it makes it a little easier)
7. Once you have desired consistency add a small amount of fresh lemon juice to add flavour (not too much or it can be over powering)
AndreasSachse6 years agoSounds delicious — and very nice instructions!