The Best Chocolate Cake
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup unsweetened coco powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon espresso powder (ground coffee works as well)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1. Preheat oven 350 F. Prepare two 9-inch cake pans by spraying with baking spray or buttering and lightly flouring
2. Add flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and espresso powder to a large bowl (standard mixer). Whisk through to combine ingredients well.
3. Add milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla to flour mixture and mix together on medium speed until well combined. Reduce speed and carefully add boiling water to the cake batter. Beat on high speed for 1 minute to add air to batter.
4. Distribute cake batter evenly between the two prepared pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes, until a toothpick or cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes, remove from the pan and cool completely.
6. Frost cake. (Optional)
thay9 years agoThat looks so yummy !! Chocolate is the best