Baked Gnocchi Caprese
PORTIONS: SERVES 6
9 years ago
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 45 mins.
1 28oz Bottle of Passata or Any canned crushed tomatoes will do
1 Small Onion, finely minced
2 Cloves of Garlic, minced
3 Tbsp of Olive Oil
½ cup of White Wine
¾ cup of Whole Milk Ricotta
½ cup of Parmiggiano Reggiano
½ lb of Fresh Mozzarella
2 lbs of Potato Gnocchi, store bought or homemade
Salt and Pepper, to taste
1) Fill a large pot with water, sprinkle in some salt and bring to a boil.
2) Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a casserole dish with some olive oil and set aside.
3) To make the sauce, in a saucepan over medium heat, add the oil, garlic and onion and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the onion is soft and translucent.
4) Add the wine and allow it to reduce for 1 minute.
5) Add the passata and season with salt and pepper to taste, Partially cover the pot and allow it to cook for about 20 minutes, add some fresh basil and turn the heat off.
6) Add the gnocchi to the boiling water and cook just long enough for them to come to a boil, drain and place it back in the same pot.
7) Add in a little bit of sauce and the parmiggiano, and stir together to mix just make sure to now mush up the gnocchi.
8) Add the gnocchi to the casserole dish and make little dollops all over the top with the ricotta and mozzarella.
9) Bake for about 20 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and delicious.