Pressure Cooked Savoury Curry
9 years ago
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
1 tsp olive oil
2 tsp cumin seeds
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, crushed
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp garam masala
1 tsp ground turmic
1/2 tsp chili powder
2 tsp ground coriander
1x400g tin chickpeas, rinsed/drained
1x400g tin tomatoes
1 large potato, peeled/diced
Pinch of salt
1 cup water
Sprig of coriander, to serve
1. In pressure cooker, heat oil over medium heat.
2. Add cumin seeds. Stir for 30 sec until they pop.
3. Stir in sliced onion. Fry 2-3 min until translucent & soft.
4. Toss in crushed garlic and other spices. Cook, stirring frequently, for a minute or until aromatic.
5. Add chickpeas, tomatoes and potatoes, together with 1 cup water. Add salt to taste.
6. Lock the lid. Bring to reassure over high heat.
7. Reduce heat when pressure. Cook for 15 min.
8. Release pressure through natural release method.
9. Serve with coriander.
10. Serve with steamed rice or like