Orange Mustard Pork +
6 years ago
"Pork with orange mustard sauce on kumara mash"
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
• 4 medium pork steaks (550g)
• 1 garlic clove - crushed
• 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
• 1 tablespoon marmalade
• 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
• 2 tablespoons orange juice
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1kg kumara - chopped coarsely
• 20g butter
• 1 tablespoon maple syrup
• 50g butter, extra
• 2 tablespoons seeded mustard
• 1/2 cup (125ml) orange juice, extra
• 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
• 1/4 cup (60ml) chicken stock
• 1/4 cup (60ml) sour cream
1) Combine pork in large bowl with
garlic, ginger, marmalade, rind,
juice and half of the oil.
2) Boil, steam or microwave kumara
until tender; drain. Mash kumara
in large bowl with butter & maple
syrup; cover to keep warm.
3) Meanwhile, drain pork; reserve
marinade. Heat remaining oil in
large frying pan; cook pork, in
batches, until browned both sides
& cooked as desired. Cover to
4) Heat extra butter in same frying
pan; cook mustard, extra juice,
wine, stock & reserved marinade.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat.
Summer, uncovered, about 5mins
or until sauce reduces by half.
Remove sauce from heat; stir in
sour cream. Serve kumara with
pork; drizzle with sauce.