Pasta with Creamy Bacon Sauce
6 years ago
• 500g penne pasta
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 large leek (500g) sliced
• 4 rashers bacon (280g) - chopped coarsely
• 1 teaspoon bottled crushed garlic
• 2 large zucchini (300g) - sliced
• 350g button mushrooms - halved
• 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
• 1 1/4 cups (300g) light sour cream
• 3/4 cup (180ml) milk
1) Cook pasta in large saucepan of
boiling water, uncovered, until just
2) Meanwhile: heat oil in large frying
pan, add leek, bacon and garlic;
cook, stirring, until leek is soft and
bacon is browned.
3) Add zucchini and mushrooms to
pan; cook, stirring, until zucchini
is just tender.
4) Stir in mustard, sour cream and
milk; cook, stirring, until hot.
5) Toss sauce through pasta before