6 years ago
• 50g butter - chopped
• 1 brown onion - finely chopped
• 1 large celery stalk - trimmed
- finely chopped
• 1/4 cup plain flour
• 2 cups milk
• 2/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
• 425g can tuna in spring-water -
drained - flaked
• 1 (100g) medium bread roll
• Olive oil cooking spray
• Baby cos-lettuce & cherry
tomatoes - to serve
1. Preheat oven to 180°/160° fan-
2. Heat butter in a saucepan over
medium heat for 2 mins or until
melted & foaming. Add onion &
celery. Cook for 2-3 mins, or until
Onion has softened. Add flour.
Use wooden spoon, stir to
combine. Cook, stirring, for 1-2
mins or until mixture bubbles.
3. Remove pan from heat. Slowly
add milk, 1/4 cup at a time,
stirring constantly to prevent
lumps forming. Return pan to
medium heat. Cook, stirring for 5
mins or until sauce boils &
thickens. Remove from heat. Stir
in cheese & tuna.
4. Divide mixture between 4 1cup-
capacity ovenproof dishes. Tear
bread roll into small pieces.
Sprinkle over mixture. Lightly
spray with oil. Place dishes on a
baking tray. Bake for 5 mins or
(Serve with lettuce & tomatoes).